Spring Weekend, EGM & AGM
Friday 16 March – Sunday 18 March 2018
Abbey Hotel Golf & Spa,
Hither Green Lane,
Dagnell End Road,
For 2018 we are staying at the Abbey Hotel which is situated on the northern boundary of Redditch town between Beoley village and Bordesley village. Five minutes drive from the M42 (J2), 15 minutes from the NEC and Birmingham Airport. Stratford and Birmingham City Centre are only about 20 minutes drive.
Redditch was a designated new town which was established in 1964 and it now enjoys a successful mix of old and new. There are many facilities and attractions around the area for partners and family who are not taking part in the philatelic side of the weekend, to enjoy and the hotel offers discounted tickets for a host of popular local and Birmingham attractions including Cadbury World and West Midland Safari Park. You can also visit the Black Country Museum, Biscester Village or Hatton Country World.
Click here for other exciting things to do.
The format for the weekend will be similar to our weekend of 2017 where we hope to offer a guest display. We will let you have more information as it becomes available.
Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible. Please put the date in your diary:
Friday 16 March to Sunday 18 March 2018.
An attendance form and further details will be published on this page and in the December 2017 issue of CONTACT.
SCANDINAVIA PHILATELIC SOCIETY
Notice of an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Society is hereby given and which is to be held immediately prior to the AGM on Saturday 17th March 2018. The business of the meeting is:
1.The adoption of the Revised Constitution.
Notice of the Annual General Meeting of the Society to be held on
Saturday 17th March 2018 at 11.30 at the
Abbey Hotel Golf & Spa Hotel, Hither Green Lane, Dagnell End Road, Redditch, B98 9BE
- Apologies for Absence.
- In Memoriam
- Approval of the Minutes of the AGM held in March 2017 in Falfield, Gloucester
- Officers’ Reports
Treasurer (Presentation of the Accounts)
5. To agree the levels of Subscription for the year 2019
6. Nomination and installation of President
7. Election of Officers
Members of Council (Max 6)
8. Appointment of an Independent Examiner
- The posts of Editor, Packet Secretary, Advertising Manager, Website Manager and the Distribution Manager are appointed by Council
- Nominations of Candidates for election as Officers and Councillors must be with the Secretary by January 31st 2018
* Items for AOB must be notified in writing or by e mail to the Secretary at least two weeks prior to the AGM
7th December 2017 signed: Susan Oliver (Secretary)